Saturday, October 23, 2010

Mama's Rice

This recipe came from a local fresh-mex restaurant called Cabo Grill. The restaurant closed down in the fall of 2008, but, I happen to know a previous owner quite well and was able to snag the recipe with just a little sweet talk. Thank goodness I am good at sweet talking, because we were there weekly. I am still having withdrawls.



2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons jalapenos (I use an entire jalapeno)
2 tablespoons onion
2 tablespoons tomatoes
1 ½ teaspoons salt
1 cup long grain rice
2 cups chicken broth (I use Better Than Bullion to make the broth)

Melt butter over medium high heat. Add jalapenos and onions and sauté until onions are clear. Add tomatoes and salt, then rice. Sauté until rice starts to turn light brown. Add chicken broth. Let come to a boil and then reduce heat to low. Simmer 20 to 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...