Friday, October 8, 2010

Taco Soup

Fall and soup seem to go hand in hand. I love soup!! This recipe is one of my oldest daughters favorites (I would say favorite, but as soon as I said it, she would change her mind just to be contrary :)). It is simple and delicious and always a hit.    



1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion
1 package mild taco seasoning
1 (16 ounce) can cut corn
1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
2 cups chicken broth
1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce

Toppings:
tortilla chips
grated cheese
1 (6 ounce) can olives, drained and sliced
diced avocados
sour cream

Brown ground beef and onion in heavy sauce pan, drain. Stir in remaining ingredients except toppings. Simmer 20 to 30 minutes. Serve with desired toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...