Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Funeral Potatoes

My mom always scolds me when I call these potatoes "funeral potatoes", but to me, that's what they are. The first time I tried them was at a funeral when I was a kid, and, well, the name just stuck. Mom says I should call them "all occasion potatoes". I guess the name would suit them just fine, since they frequent the dinner table whenever there is a big get together, but I still like calling them funeral potatoes best (probably just to get Mom's knickers in a twist...). After all, I am sure that there is a funeral being held somewhere every time they are made (if not specifically for a funeral).

I will sometimes make up an additional half batch of the sauce to make them extra saucy. YUM!!



1 (24 oz) bag frozen hash browns, slightly thawed
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 pint sour cream
1/3 cup green onions, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded

Mix soup, butter, sour cream, green onions and 1 cup cheese together. Add hash browns and stir to coat. Pour into a 9" x 13" baking dish. Top with remaining 2 cups cheese. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...