Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Kalua Pork

I love this stuff!! It is so easy and delicious. The kids all love it and also like to help shred the meat. Have you ever tried to shred pork with the help of a 2 year old and 4 year old? Well, let me tell you, it is an experience everyone should have the privilege of experiencing. I am so blessed to have so many big helpers!



1 (3 to 5 lb) pork roast (I use a shoulder picnic roast)
1 tablespoon liquid smoke
1 teaspoon Hawaiian sea salt

Place pork roast in a crock pot and sprinkle with liquid smoke and sea salt. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours (can also cook on high for 4 to 5 hours, but I prefer low). Shred pork and return to crock pot with juices for an additional hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...