Monday, November 8, 2010

Sweet Corn Bread

Mmmmm. I love me some corn bread! Right after I had my second baby, a friend brought me some muffins made from this recipe. I fell in love instantly and I think I ate over half the batch all by myself! Thank goodness I have learned a little self control since then (or maybe it is called 5 kids....things disappear a lot faster now). Luckily, she was nice enough to share the recipe with me - no sweet talk or bribes needed. Gotta love that kind of friend! I love to eat this corn bread with honey, or butter and powdered sugar.



1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup corn meal
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups milk
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted

Preheat oven to 350. Grease or paper line 18 to 20 muffin cups. Combine flour, sugar, corn meal, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Combine milk, eggs, vegetable oil and butter in a small bowl and mix well. Add to flour mixture and stir just until blended. Pour into prepared muffin cups, filling 2/3 full. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks in pan for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from tins and cool slightly. Serve warm. For corn bread pour batter into greased 8 inch square baking pan. Bake to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...