Monday, December 27, 2010

Enchilada Casserole

I'm back!! We went on vacation and then Christmas rolled around and somethings got neglected. This being one of them. I made a TON of goodies and forgot to take pictures of them, so I won't get to post all the yummies I made.

This has got to be one of my favorite casserole recipes. It is quite easy and very delicious. It is easy to adjust the heat on it by the enchilada sauce you use. I have a daughter that is more sensitive to spice, so I always use mild. The whole family loves it. A comforting plate of hot, cheesy, yummy goodness.



1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 (28 ounce) can enchilada sauce
1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
1 large yellow onion, chopped
2 (6 ounce) cans olives, sliced
18 corn tortillas
1 pound Monterey jack cheese, grated
1 pound Cheddar cheese, grated

Sauté onion with ground beef. Add olives and large can of enchilada sauce. Pour small can of enchilada sauce in the bottom of an 11x15 inch casserole dish (if you use a 9x13 inch casserole dish, place on a cookie sheet lined with foil). Place 6 tortillas on top of sauce. Add 1/3 of the meat mixture and 1/3 of the cheeses. Repeat 2 more times ending with the cheese. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Serve with chopped tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream and guacamole.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...