Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Chile Cheese Pinwheels

I tried out these Chile Cheese Pinwheels for the Super Bowl. They were fantastic! I first tried these at Bunko and fell in love. They are great dipped in salsa (Quick and Easy Salsa would be perfect with them!), or eaten just plain.

I adapted this recipe from one I found at Real Mom Kitchen.


4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
½ cup (4 ounce can) diced green chiles
½ cup (about 3) sliced green onion
¼ cup chopped ripe olives
4 (8-inch) soft taco-sized flour tortillas (I used the kind you cook)
Salsa

Combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chiles, green onion, and olives in a medium bowl. Spread ½ cup cheese mixture over each tortillas and roll up. Wrap each roll in plastic wrap twisting ends to close; refrigerate for 1 hour. Remove plastic wrap; slice each roll into ¾ inch pieces. Serve with salsa for dipping.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...