Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Decadent French Toast

My husband and I stayed at a Bed & Breakfast in Cedar City, Utah a couple of years ago. They had cookbooks for sale that were put together by the Cedar City Area Bed & Breakfast Association and I just had to have one. Recipes that are served in the B&B's, sweet! I pulled the cookbook out the other day and started looking through and thought to myself "I should make every recipe in this book!". Kinda like the Julie/Julia Project, only not all in one year and I really might not make every recipe. But it would be kinda fun. The Susan/B&B Project. Doesn't quite have the same ring to it though, so I will just stick with making a new recipe out of it every once in a while, and hey, I just might end up making them all before I die.

One thing that I really liked about this recipe is that it can be made the night before and then popped into the oven in the morning. I don't have to worry about messing up the measurements because I stayed up way too late the night before and can't see a thing through my eyelids. I also like anything that has fruit on it. Yummmmm!

This Decadent French Toast would be perfect to serve on Valentines Day, Easter, Mothers Day or any other special occasion (or even just and ordinary day).

This recipe was submitted by Big Yellow Inn.


16 slices firm bread
1 to 2 (8 oz) packages softened cream cheese (I used about 1 1/4)
Cinnamon sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup butter
6 large eggs
1 3/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Berries and sour cream

In a small pan, combine brown sugar, butter and maple syrup and cook until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Pour into a greased 11 x 17 inch pan. Spread cream cheese onto 8 slices of bread. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and top with another piece of bread. Place bread onto the sauce in the pan. Blend eggs, milk and vanilla. Pour over bread. Let sit for 45 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator (I let mine sit overnight). Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes. Remove pieces from the pan and flip caramel side up. Top with berries and sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...