Monday, February 21, 2011

Fettuccine Alfredo

I love pasta. My hubby loves pasta. My kids even love pasta. We love pasta! This is one of our favorite pasta dishes. It is quick, easy and super, super yummy! Did I mention that it's a little fattening? Not to worry though, just a little. Okay, okay, maybe a lot. Because it is a bit fattening, I only make this Fettuccine Alfredo on special occasions. We usually have it on Valentine's day and maybe one other time during the year. To make it a little less fattening, I usually add some chicken or broccoli. Both are delicious with this Fettuccine Alfredo!

Linked on Show Me What Ya Got #12, All Things Related #37 and This Weeks Cravings #19.


4 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 egg yolk
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
4 cups hot cooked fettuccine noodles
Salt to taste

Melt butter with cream and nutmeg in a wide frying pan. Stir in pasta and quickly bring to a boil, stirring gently from time to time. Let boil rapidly for 1-2 minutes. Blend a little of the hot mixture with the egg yolk. Remove from the heat and stir in the egg yolk and cheese. Blend thoroughly. Serve immediately.

2 comments:

  1. Oh MY, I must make this! I LOVE Alfredo Sauce! Thanks so much for linking to THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS ROMANTIC DINNERS! We appreciate it! Don't forget to come back next week for a St. Patrick's Celebration "GREEN FOOD"!

    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/search/label/THIS%20WEEKS%20CRAVINGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good. I haven't tried to many recipes for alfredo, but it is one of my favorites! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...