Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Italian Meatballs

These meatballs are amazing! Very delish. I tore this recipe out of a copy of Parade magazine and had it sitting in my "junk" pile. Today I decided to de-junk my junk pile and my 9 year old grabbed it and said that we had to make meatballs tonight. I had everything I need for them so we made them. I am such a sucker for these kids of mine.

I had my regular helpers helping me with the meatballs. One stirred everything together, and then they both helped shape the meatballs. I pulled out one of my cookie scoops to make the meatballs all even, then a light came on. Just scoop the meat out and put it on the sheet, no rolling needed. I did give the girls meat to "shape" while I quickly got all the meatballs ready to bake. I don't think I will ever roll another meat ball again. It was SO fast with the scoop. I'm feeling pretty smart!




1 pound ground beef
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup water
2 eggs
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 teaspoon parsley
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon salt

Combine bread crumbs and water in a large bowl. Stir in Parmesan cheese, eggs and spices. Add the ground beef and mix well. Shape into balls and place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...