Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Moist Chocolate Cake

When I was planning my little girls birthday cake, I knew I needed a good heavy cake in order to hold up with the weight of the fondant. I adapted this delicious cake recipe from Snips and Spice and it was perfect! It was nice and moist and heavy enough to handle the weight of the fondant.

Linked on Sweets for a Saturday 6.


1 box chocolate cake mix
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup oil
1 small package chocolate pudding
1 cup sour cream
5 eggs

Combine pudding mix and cake mix in a large bowl. Add eggs, sour cream, water and oil. Mix until well combined. Pour into greased pan bake at 350 until cooked through. I divided my batter between 2-8 inch round pans and baked for 25 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I'm bookmarking this recipe! I love the simplicity and the fact that it looks perfectly moist and chocolately. Thanks for sharing!

    I'm glad I stopped by from Sweet as Sugar Cookies!

    I blog at http://adorkablerecipes.blogspot.com/

    blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...