Saturday, February 26, 2011

Open Face Enchiladas

My sweet husband grew up with Open Face Enchiladas, and loved them. His mom served them for dinner one night when we were at her house and I fell in love with them too. They are quick, easy and yummy. The kiddos love that they can put their own toppings on them.

Linked on Recipe Swap Thursday #26, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday and Anything Related #38.


1 pound ground beef
1 packet enchilada sauce, mixed (you could use sauce from a can, I just prefer the packet)
12 small corn tortillas

Toppings:
shredded lettuce
shredded cheese (I like cheddar or colby jack)
sour cream
tomatoes
sliced olives
sliced green onions

Brown ground beef, then add enchilada sauce and heat through. Dip each tortilla in the sauce and let sit for about 10 seconds to soften (don't leave in too long or they will fall apart). Remove with a spatula. Top with desired toppings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...