Thursday, February 24, 2011

Parmesan Garlic Bread Sticks

These bread sticks are amazing! I am a bread lover and have tried several different bread stick recipes, and this one is my favorite. They are a favorite of my kids as well. They are easy and make quite a lot of bread sticks. Even with all of my kids, I usually end up taking half of the bread sticks to my neighbor (I had better be her favorite!)

I love these bread stick with pasta. We ate them with Fettuccine Alfredo.


1 1/2 cups warm water
1 tablespoon yeast
2 tablespoons sugar
3 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoons salt
1/4 cup butter
Garlic powder
Parmesan cheese

Mix warm water, yeast and sugar in a large bowl. When it’s bubbly, add flour and salt. Mix and knead. Cover and let rise until double. Melt butter and pour half on the bottom of a cookie sheet. Place dough on the cookie sheet and roll out to the size of the pan. Cut into sticks with a pizza cutter. If you want fancier bread sticks, place dough on a floured surface and roll out ¼ inch thick. Cut into strips. Twist 2 strips together for each bread stick and place twists on the buttered cookie sheet. Pour remaining butter on top of the bread sticks and sprinkle with garlic powder and Parmesan cheese. Let rise again until double. Bake at 400 for 18 minutes, or until browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...