Friday, February 25, 2011

Princess Cupcakes

My sweet little 5 year old wanted to have a princess birthday party. I thought about just buying a princess cake for her, but then I came across the idea for these cute little cupcakes on Cheese and Chocolate. I saw the picture and had visions of pink and purple cupcakes dancing in my head. They turned out SO cute (if you ask me) and were a lot of fun for my house full of princesses to bite into. I used Vanilla Buttercream Frosting on them and they turned out quite tasty.

I have always just spooned my batter into my cupcake pans until about 3 or 4 months ago. Then I had an Ah Ha moment and tried putting my batter into a plastic bag and snipping off the end. Pure genius! I am sure that someone, maybe even lots of someones came up with the idea first, but they all failed to inform me of their brilliance, therefore, I get to claim the idea as my own. If anyone of them happened to be my friend, they are no longer. UnBFFed (that kinda looks bad.....) Disowned. This way cool little trick could have saved me many messes. I have heard of using a cookie/ice cream scoop, but this is WAY better (if you ask me). Just one little WARNING!!! Start with a smaller hole than you think you want. It is easy to make the hole bigger, but you can't make it smaller, so start small.

Linked on Sweets for a Saturday 6 and This Weeks Cravings #18.





1 box white or yellow cake mix + ingredients to mix
2 - 3 colors of food coloring

Grease or line 24 cupcake tins. Preheat oven according to package directions. Mix cake mix according to package directions. Divide into 3 bowls. Color 2, or all three (I colored 2 and left one plain). Pour each color into a baggie and tie the bag into a knot. Snip off the end of the first (outside) color. Divide between the cupcake tins. Take the second color and snip off the end. Place in the center of each cup cake tin and squeeze out an equal amount (I probably used about 2 tablespoons of each color on each cupcake). Repeat with the third color. Bake according to the package directions

4 comments:

  1. so cute what a great idea!! I will have to make these for my niece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wondered how multicolored cupcakes were made. . . Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a wonderful and pretty idea! Your cupcakes are so beautiful! :)

    I'm hosting the Culinary Smackdown Battle for March--the theme is Cookies. Would you like to join in for the fun? It doesn' have to be a new post on your blog. You can pick your favorite cookie from your previous post too. All you have to do is link up your cookie creation. I have some great prizes waiting. Hope to see your entry soon!

    Amy
    http://utry.it/2011/03/culinary-smackdown-battlecookies.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are simply beautiful! I wish I had your decorating skills!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...