Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Taco Salad Meat

This Taco Salad Meat is so easy to throw together and I usually have everything I need to make it already on hand. It isn't just easy, it tastes good, too, and the kids love it. What more can you ask for?

The kids and I like ours like the picture shows, but my sweet hubby likes his with a bed of tortilla chips covered with the Taco Salad Meat and topped with cheese and sour cream. On a good day he will even throw a piece of lettuce on the top. I tried telling him that it could no longer be called a salad, but he insisted that the piece of lettuce on top, did in fact, qualify it as a salad.

Linked on It's a Keeper Thursday: Show Me What You've Got!

Linked on Show Me What Ya Got #11 and Anything Related #36.



1 pound ground beef
1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans 
1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, crushed
1/2 cup green onions, sliced
1 package taco seasoning (The Best Homemade Taco Seasoning is great, I half the chili powder when I use it)
1 tablespoon chili powder

Brown ground beef in a large pot. Add tomatoes and beans. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium low. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. Serve over lettuce with shredded cheese, crushed tortilla chips and sour cream.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...