Monday, February 7, 2011

Vanilla Buttercream Frosting

I love buttercream frosting. I eat it on cakes, cookies, brownies, spoons and even my finger. I think it is delicious any way it is eaten. I think this recipe is absolutely perfect! My kids love it too. I made brownie bites (trial run for my little girls princess party in a couple weeks), and left the bag with the frosting in it sitting on the counter while I was cleaning up (and taking pictures). I turned around and 2 of my little helpers had eaten almost half of the bag! Luckily, the sugar high only lasted for about an hour.

I adapted this recipe from Wilton (in a booklet that came in my cake decorating kit).

Linked on Sweets for a Saturday #3 and It's a Valentine's Party.


1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup shortening (I use butter flavored)
4 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt

Mix butter and shortening together. Beat in powdered sugar and salt, then add milk and vanilla.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday. Your cupcakes look so darling, perfect for a shower or tea party.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...