Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Baked Chicken Taquitos

I had left over Mama's Rice and beans that needed to be used up. As I was looking through the fridge and freezer to find something to go with them, I found some frozen taquitos. Just as I was about to pull them out, I remembered a bunch of corn tortillas I had sitting in the fridge that needed to be used up. A funny little light bulb went on and I thought, "I can make those". Having never attempted to make taquitos before, and not having a recipe to go by, I made these tasty little buggers. I honestly had no intention on putting them on here (the results were unknown as I was making them), but when the kids loved them, I decided to. The family really liked them (and I liked how simple they were).


1 (12.5 oz) can chunk chicken breast, drained or 1 1/2 cups shredded chicken
1 cup cheese, shredded (I used cheddar)
2/3 cup salsa
14-16 (6 inch) corn tortillas

Combine chicken, cheese and salsa, mix until well combined. Heat tortillas to soften. Place a rounded tablespoon of filling in each tortilla and roll. Place seam side down on a baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray or butter spray (I used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray) Bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until crisp. Recipe from The Royal Cook - an original!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...