Friday, March 4, 2011

Fruit and Maple Oatmeal

McDonalds decided to come out with oatmeal to add to their breakfast menu. I was strong and didn't give into the temptation. Then, my friend Amy told me that it really was good. If that wasn't enough to weaken me, coupons for FREE oatmeal came out in the paper. Well, my strength had dissipated and I gave into the temptation that was quickly becoming overwhelming. I didn't hurt that McDonalds is in my local Walmart. I grabbed some oatmeal to accompany me along my shopping trip (and keep the little girls happier for a bit), and I have to say, it really is quite tasty stuff.

Then it happened. I ran out of FREE coupons. I just couldn't bare to pay full price for the stuff after getting it free. So, I started thinking. I could make it myself! I already keep on hand everything I would need to make the oatmeal and could make it and eat it whenever I wanted. Man, I am brilliant!


Mmmmm Look at all that fruity yummy goodness! When you buy the oatmeal at McDonalds, they also put on raisins and golden raisins. I usually leave them off, but you can always add them.

Linked on Recipe Swap Thursday #27.


1 packet Maple & Brown Sugar instant oatmeal
1 heaping tablespoon chopped apples
1 tablespoon dried cranberries
1/2 cup boiling water

Empty oatmeal into a bowl. Pour boiling water over the oatmeal and stir. Top with apples and dried cranberries (and raisins if you like). Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...