Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches With Dip

These Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches (aka French Dip) are so easy and so good. This was my first time making them and they were a hit! My hubby (he thinks I should refer to him as my HOT Husband) was very impressed with my mean cooking skills - he loved them! I cut them in 3 pieces and put a toothpick in them for the little kids. It made them easier for the little ones to handle and dip. And they LOVED to dip!


1 pound deli sliced roast beef
1 (10.5 oz) can beef consomme
4 slices provolone cheese
4 large hard rolls (I used telera rolls)
butter

Pour consomme in a sauce pan and reconstitute (I used Campbells - 1 can water to reconstitute). Add roast beef and cook* over medium low heat heat until it simmers. Slice rolls and butter the top half. Divide roast beef between the 4 rolls and place on the bottom half. Place 1 slice of cheese on the roast beef on each roll. Place on a baking sheet and broil until the cheese is melted - 1 to 2 minutes (I use the next to top rack - watch carefully so it doesn't burn!). Serve with the consomme to dip in.

*Could also be cooked in a crock pot on low for 3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...