Friday, March 25, 2011

Muddie Buddies

When I was growing up, I had no clue what Muddie Buddies were. The first time I tried them, I was in high school. The first time I made them was this week. I wanted a treat my little girls could easily help with and this recipe was on a box of Chex that was sitting in my cupboard. They were quick and easy and my girls let me know how they tasted about every 5 seconds. They were about half way gone the first day and then my little sister was nice enough to come and visit and take the rest of them with her. She insisted it was a bad idea because she would eat them all. I though it was a great idea. Better her than me.

Linked on Sweets for a Saturday #10.


1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
9 cups Chex (I used corn)
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Combine peanut butter, butter and chocolate chips in a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until melted - stirring after each 30 seconds. Pour Chex into a large bowl. Pour chocolate over the Chex and stir until evenly coated. Pour powdered sugar over the Chex and stir until evenly coated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...