Thursday, April 14, 2011

The BEST Teriyaki Sauce Ever

Yep. I really mean it. This really is the BEST teriyaki sauce ever! I really haven't tried all the recipes out there, but I have tried quite a few, and this is the best. The one. The only. I will never have need to try out another recipe for teriyaki sauce again.

My little (big) guy just turned 12 and requested Asian food for dinner. This teriyaki is the beginning of the feast I made for him. He was so pleased about his dinner and even thanked me again the next morning for "the best food you have ever made". He even told me that my food was better than his schools food. Don't know how much of a compliment that was, but I will take it.

This teriyaki sauce is great added to stir fry, as a dip or as a marinade. The sauce is a bit on the thin side, so if you like a thicker sauce for dipping, mix a little corn starch and water together and add at the end.



2/3 cup mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
1 cup soy sauce
4 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/3 cup white sugar
7 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
1 dash red pepper flakes
black pepper to taste

Bring mirin to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour in soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and sugar. Season with garlic, ginger, pepper flakes, and black pepper; simmer an additional 5 minutes. Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator.

Recipe from Allrecipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...