Monday, April 4, 2011

Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars

My girls LOVE granola bars! I have been looking for a recipe that makes soft and chewy granola bars and came across this one on Hip2Save. They turned out awesome! My girls were pretty impressed that I could make granola bars. For some reason, I never cease to amaze them with my culinary skills.


2 1/2 cups crispy rice cereal
2 cups old fashion oats
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup honey
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup packed coconut
1/4 cup mini chocolate morsels

In a large bowl combine the rice cereal and oatmeal. Grease or line with plastic wrap a 9×13 inch pan. Mix brown sugar, honey and peanut butter in a small sauce pan. Stir over medium heat until just boiling. Add to cereal mixture along with vanilla extract, cinnamon, salt, coconut and chocolate chips (freeze the chocolate chips and add them at the very end to help prevent melting too much). Press into the prepared pan (I butter my hands and use my hands). Set aside to cool, then cut into bars.

Linked on All Things Related #43 and Show Me What Ya Got #18.

1 comment:

  1. Love these, so easy and delicious. I omit the choc chips and coconut and add a handful of dried cranberries and handful of almonds. Yum

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...