Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Stove Top Macaroni and Cheese

I guess I have been feeling like a bit rebel lately. I haven't posted for a whole 2 weeks! Yep, that is about the extent of my rebelliousness anymore.

I got a nice little text from my sister informing me that I hadn't updated for a while. So I decided to jump on and update. I thought about putting the amazing and addicting peanut butter bars on that I made last week, but I forgot to get a picture of them before they disappeared (I think there is a ghost in my house). Then I though about the awesome lemon curd I made 2 time in the last couple week (yep, it really is that good!), but once again, I forgot to get a picture. Then I though about the other yummies I made that I didn't get pictures of, like the apple milk I made for my baby. Oh, wait, I don't think that would fall into the same category.... You see, he (my baby) will be 1 in about 1 1/2 months, so I thought I should start getting him used to milk. He didn't agree with the idea. Every time I tried giving him milk, he spit it out at me and screamed in protest. I could only imagine the things he was calling me. And they were not very nice thing. Rather un nice things. Being the nice mom that I am, I decided to give him flavored milk. I tried strawberry first. Not successful. Chocolate was next. Still not successful. I sat down and started thinking. That's when the ah ha moment came. Can you see the light bulb that went off? He likes juice. I mean, he REALLY likes juice. So...... Why not mix the 2! Honestly, the thought makes me want to gag, but I figured it was worth a try. And it was a success!! Yep, the little guy loves it. 3 Parts apple juice, 1 part milk. We will work our way up to full milk. I will let you picture the apple milk all by your self. And if you feel inclined to try it..... Be my guest.

Now that I have that out of the way, on to the food I DO have a picture of.

I won a prize package a while ago (yep, I was a winner!) that had some Velveeta in it. I am not much of a Velveeta user and had no clue what to do with the 6 pounds I won. That is a LOT of Velveeta! My little (big) guy pointed out a recipe for macaroni and cheese on the back of the package and said that we needed to try it. I was quite surprise, as my kids seem to have an aversion to the words "macaroni and cheese" if it is not contained in a blue box. We decided to give it a try. The kids actually liked it (I didn't tell them it was macaroni and cheese, just that it was "lunch"). I still prefer my Pasta with Cheese Sauce, but this was super easy and wasn't too bad. If you are a Velveeta lover, this is for you!


2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
12 oz Velveeta, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1/3 cup milk
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Cook macaroni according to package directions and drain well. Combine milk, Velveeta and pepper and cook over medium low heat until melted. Add in cooked macaroni and mix until well blended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...