Saturday, August 27, 2011

BLT Wraps

I have been in a serious lunch rut lately. I mean, how many times can you stand to eat soup and sandwiches. I do switch between tomato soup and chicken noodle soup, but mostly stick with cheese sandwiches. Sometimes grilled and sometimes open face. I know, I know. BORING!!

I looked through my fridge really, REALLY hoping that some sort of divine inspiration would hit me and I would have a brilliant idea as to what different I should/could make for lunch. No luck. I decided to put away my groceries I had just bought, once again hoping for an epiphany to hit me, but still no luck. I was seriously kicking myself (not literally, that might hurt!) for not picking up one of those super yummy cooked chickens while I was out shopping. Then I got to the last bag of groceries and found bacon. Turkey bacon to be exact. Why turkey bacon? Do you ever go through those....things.... You know, where you decide you are going to eat healthier? Well, I was in the middle of one of those. And then I followed it up with a big batch of Yummy Chocolate Chip Cookies......

Anyway, back to the the bacon. I looked from the bacon to some beautiful tomatoes I picked from my garden earlier that were sitting pretty on my counter. Bacon + tomaotes = an idea!! BLT Wraps! Honestly, the ideal started with sandwiches, but quickly changed course to wraps where it stayed. The 2 little girls loved them (except for the sauce) and my sweet hubby and I loved them as well (and with the sauce).


8 slices bacon, cooked
1 tomato, diced
3-4 cups lettuce
4 tortillas (I used the kind you cook)
Creamy BBQ Sauce

Crumble 2 slices of bacon onto each tortilla. Top with lettuce and tomatoes, drizzle with Creamy BBQ Sauce and roll up.

Recipe from The Royal Cook - an original!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...