Monday, January 23, 2012

Vanilla Breakfast Pudding Sauce

I love pancakes. My love for pancakes is no secret around this house, or anywhere for that matter. My favorite way to eat them is buttered and sprinkled with powdered sugar, then topped with fresh fruit. I do like syrup just fine, but I usually like things a little lighter in the morning. When I found this sauce, it was a must try! I mean, who wouldn't adore pudding (sauce) for breakfast? And with pancakes, no doubt. The sauce was a fun change from the standard syrup the kids have on their pancakes. While they all enjoyed it, they seem to prefer the sugar high that comes from the syrup. :)

I made my Perfect Pancakes to top with Vanilla Pudding Sauce and then with Blueberry Breakfast Sauce.



2 Tbsp cornstarch
1/3 cup sugar
1/8 tsp salt
2 cups milk
2 egg yolks, beaten
1 Tbsp butter
2 tsp vanilla

Mix cornstarch, sugar, and salt in a saucepan. Whisk together milk and egg thoroughly, and gradually stir in. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, till mixture comes to a boil. Don't try to rush the boiling or you may end up with scrambled eggs. Not good! Boil for at least 1 minute, still stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla. Serve warm or chilled.

Recipe from Creations by Kara.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...