Thursday, February 2, 2012

Rocky Road Brownies

I am in love with brownies. I really, really, really love brownies. My husband loves brownies. My kids love brownies. We all love brownies. These brownies are one of my favorites. I love the combination of the chocolatey, chewy brownies, marshmallowy goodness and the sweet chocolate icing. Oh my! Not to mention, they start with a boxed brownie mix to make it even easier!


1 box brownie mix + ingredients to mix
1 cup marshmallow cream
1/4 cup margarine
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
3 tablespoons milk
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional

Mix brownies according to package directions. Bake as directed in an 8 x 8 inch greased pan. Place marshmallow cream in a microwave safe container and heat until melted. Pour on top of hot brownies and carefully spread. Bring margarine, milk and cocoa powder to a boil. Add to powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until smooth. Add nuts and pour over the marshmallow cream on the brownies while both are still hot. Let cool completely before cutting.

Recipe from The Royal Cook - an original!

Linked on Sweets for a Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...