Saturday, March 17, 2012

Healthy(er) Banana Bread

I have a Banana Bread recipe that I absolutely adore. It's fantastic, but I wanted to lighten it up just a bit and make it a little healthier without losing the taste or texture. I didn't go too crazy, but did make some changes. The family didn't notice a difference and quickly ate it up.


2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup apple sauce
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup sour milk
1 cup white flour
1 cup wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
3 very ripe bananas
1 cup chopped pecans, optional

Combine all ingredients and mix until smooth. Pour into 1 large or 2 medium loaf pans. Bake at 325 for 50 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...