Monday, April 2, 2012

April Fools Punch

I know it's too late for this year, but I had to share my fun trick I played on my kids.  I am not a huge April Fools person, but I usually try to come up with one harmless prank for my kids.  And it's usually food related.  This year I decided to make them some special April Fools Punch.  It was a hit!  The kids had no clue until the first one tried to take a nice drink.  

"Mom, my straw doesn't work!"

The next one tried to adjust her straw.

"Hey!  My punch broke?!?!"

She pulled out her straw, examined it, smelled it, and then finally licked it.

"Hey!  It's Jell-O!"

The kids loved my little prank and I loved watching the expressions on their little faces while they were figuring it out.  Priceless!




1 (6 oz) package gelatin
6 (8 ounce) clear cups
6 straws

Make gelatin according to package directions.  Pour equal amounts into each of the cups and place a straw in each cup.  Refrigerate until firm.

Linked on Sweets for a Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of the time my Dad gave my little brother a glass that had slits on the sides (hidden in the pattern). When he drank, it poured all down the front of his shirt--my mother was furious! I like your idea better<3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...