Monday, April 16, 2012

Baked Stroganoff Sandwich

There are times when I come across a recipe and think, "Really?!?!  Who comes up with this stuff!?!?"  Well, this Baked Stroganoff Sandwich is one of those things.  Baked Stroganoff Sandwich happens to be the favorite food of my 10 year old's BFF.  That means we just had to try it.  The entire family enjoyed it (even if half of them picked off the veggies.  Really!?  That's my favorite part!) 



1 pound ground beef
1 package stroganoff mix plus ingredients to mix ( I used my Hamburger Stroganoff recipe)
1 large tomato, thinly sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
2 cups shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
1 loaf French bread, sliced in half lengthwise
4 tablespoons butter

Turn oven on to broil setting.  Spread 2 tablespoons of butter on the inside of each half of the French bread.  Place bread on a large cookie sheet and place in the oven to toast.  Watch closely so it doesn't burn.  I use the middle rack to keep it from burning  as easily and it takes about 5 minutes of brown nicely.  Prepare stroganoff sauce and brown ground beef.  Combine the sauce and cooked ground beef.  Spread half of the meat sauce onto each side of the bread.  Top with sliced peppers, tomatoes and then sprinkle with cheese.  Return to the oven and cook until cheese is melted - about another 5 minutes on the middle rack.

Linked on Show Me What Ya Got.

1 comment:

  1. What an interesting concept! I bet you'd give Philly Cheese Steaks a run for their money!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...