Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Chewy Double Chocolate Cookies

These Chewy Double Chocolate Cookies were fantastic!  I wanted a chocolate treat, but was all brownied out.  These cookies turned out perfect!  They were soft and chewy and full of yummy chocolate.  I made them to give most of them away, but there weren't enough that lasted that long.  I guess I should have made a double batch.  I'm thinking I might just have to make some more right now.

1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup baking cocoa
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups chocolate chips (I used York peppermint pieces)
In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.  Stir in chocolate chips, then cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Roll into inch balls and place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.  Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are firm. Cool on wire racks. 
Recipe adapted All Recipes

 Linked on Sweets for a Saturday and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. Easy and really looks delicious. I'm definitely craving for a plate of that right now. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe. This is definitely a must do recipe this weekend.

    Haley
    Learn2Serve Food Safety Certification

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...