Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Olive Garden Mostaccioli

This Olive Garden Mostaccioli is fabulous!  It's full of all kinds of good stuff.  Good stuff like chicken and pasta, cream, butter and cheese.  Lots of good for you stuff.  The family loved this amazing dish.  I was surprise to see any left in the pan when dinner was over with the way they ate it.  Yeah, it really is that good! 

I baked up a batch of French Bread to serve with the Olive Garden Mostaccioli and I almost thought I'd died and gone to heaven.  Oh.  Yum!!!




1 (16 ounce) box mostaccoli (I usually just use whatever pasta I have on hand)
¾ cup butter
1 cup whipping cream
¼ tsp white pepper
1 ¼ cup fresh Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce 
Salt to taste
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 to 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and sliced

Cook pasta according to package directions.  Melt butter in a in a large pan over medium heat.  Add whipping cream and pepper and reduce the heat to medium-low.  Cook until it starts to thicken - about 5 minutes.  Add Parmesan cheese and stir until melted.  Add spaghetti sauce and salt to taste.  Cook until heated through.  Combine chicken, sauce, parsley and pasta noodles in a greased 9x13 inch pan.  Top with mozzarella cheese and bake for 30 minutes at 350.

Recipe from Little Brown House.

Linked on Get Your Brag On.

1 comment:

  1. Susan, this does look rich and comforting--the only substitution I'd make would be with Quorn chicken pieces (vegetarian). My daughter, Kelly loved alfredo and I know she would have loved this. Thank you for sharing a memory! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...