Thursday, May 17, 2012

Basic Granola

One of my favorite cereals growing up was granola. Even though it didn't have a cool prize in the box. I hate to admit it, but when my mom took me grocery shopping and let me help pick out the cereal, my decision was usually based on the prize. The cereal with the coolest prize usually won. :)

This Basic Granola is fantastic! It's great with milk, in a fruit and yogurt parfait, or just plain. I love that it's not too sweet and I usually have everything already on hand to make it.


7 cups uncooked oatmeal
1 cup wheat germ
1 cup coconut
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 cup oil
1 1/2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Mix thoroughly and bake in a large, shallow pan at 275 for 2 hours (stir after 30 minutes, then every 15 minutes) or until coconut is lightly browned.

Recipe adapted from Gluesticks.

Linked on Sweet for a Saturday and Breakfast Ideas Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Great recipe! Thanks for sharing at Breakfast Ideas Mondays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...