Monday, May 7, 2012

Cookies and Cream Frosting

Oh. My!  This Cookies and Cream Frosting is absolutely amazing!  My daughter wanted vanilla frosting on her cupcakes for her birthday party, but when I walked past a lovey package of Oreos at the store, the wheels in my head started spinning.  The result of the spinning wheels in my head isn't always good.  I guess I got lucky this time. :)

I had some leftover cookies so I crumbled them up and sprinkled them on the top of her cupcakes.  She loved them!


1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch salt
5 chocolate sandwich cookies (like Oreos), crushed (if you're piping the frosting, you'll want them crushed pretty fine, if not, feel free to leave some chunks)

Place softened butter in a medium sized bowl and beat until smooth.  Add salt and powdered sugar and mix until well combined.  Add vanilla extract and cream and mix until smooth.  Mix in crushed cookies.

Recipe from The Royal Cook - an original!

Linked on Sweets for a Saturday and Show me what ya got.

7 comments:

  1. What kid (or grown-up) wouldn't love these! I've also done them by placing a Oreo at the bottom of the cupcake paper before the batter as a base. I now have a great frosting to make them even more special--thanks Susan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to have to try the cookie at the bottom next time. That sounds good! You can never have too many Oreos! :)

      Delete
  2. This looks delicious! To be honest, I could eat this without a cupcake and be happy as a clam :) Thanks for sharing! I found you through Sweets for a Saturday. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it an amazing idea as I'm sure it veryyyyyyyy tasty
    I'm going to try this

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello! what cream did you used? heavy whipping cream or light whipping cream? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...