Monday, June 25, 2012

Asian-Style Carnitas

Pork roast is my all-time favorite roast.  It always comes out tender, moist and flavorful.  I usually don't add anything to it - it's perfect just the way it is, if you ask me - but it's always fun to mix things up a bit. 


1 pork shoulder roast (about 3 pounds), cut into large cubes
1/4 cup sesame oil
6 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
1/4 cup green onions, sliced
1/4 cup coconut aminos or soy sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste

Place pork in a crock pot.  Mix remaining ingredients and pour over roast.  Cook on low for at least 6 hours.

Recipe from tgipaleo.

2 comments:

  1. This looks like the perfect main dish...
    I love the marinade/sauce that you've done and will do it with portabello mushrooms or firm tofu to make my dish vegetarian.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...