Monday, June 11, 2012

Homemade Oreos

These Homemade Oreos are another one of the yummy treats I made for my son's bake sale scout fundraiser.  They didn't last long on the table.  I saved some for us to eat, but ended up taking the ones I saved back to the bake sale because the ones I took were gone so fast.  Well, I took back most of the ones I saved. There were a few that magically disappeared, but nobody seemed to know where they went.



2 boxes chocolate cake mix
2/3 cup oil
4 eggs

 Pour all ingredients into a large bowl and mix until smooth and combined (it will be very thick).  Drop batter by the tablespoon, 2 inches apart, onto a greased cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 for 8 to 9 minutes.  Let cool slightly on the cookies sheets, then place on a cooling rack to finish cooling. 

Frosting
1/3 cup shortening
2/3 cup butter
1 pound powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Dash of salt
Milk for thinning, if needed

Beat butter and shortening until smooth.  Add powdered sugar and salt and mix until combined.  Add vanilla and milk, if needed, and mix until smooth.

To assemble the Oreos, generously frost (I piped the frosting on) the back of one cookie.  Place another cookie on top of the frosted cookies with the back to the frosting.

Recipe for the frosting from The Royal Cook - an original!  Recipe for the cookie from Real Mom Kitchen.

Linked on Sweets for a Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...