Thursday, June 21, 2012

Lemon Crinkle Cookies

Oh. My. Goodness!  These cookies are AMAZING!  I made them last night after I put my 3 little ones to bed and half of the first batch disappeared before I got the second batch out of the oven.  I gave a couple to my hubby to see what he thought (he thought they were fantastic!).  Then my 11 year old ventured into the kitchen and asked for a cookie.  She looked at me with her beautiful, big, brown eyes and I couldn't tell her no.  As soon as she swallowed the first cookie, she excitedly exclaimed that they were the best cookies she had ever eaten.  Ever!  That's really saying something for her.  There's no chocolate in them!  She decided she just had to have another one and even said she would take one to her brother if she could have a second.  Somehow that second cookie turned into a second and a third.  I'm such a sucker! 

These cookies really are fantastic.  They are lemony, chewy, and just a bit crispy.  I think that makes them just about perfect!  Rumor even has it that these cookies won a cookie recipe contest.  Try them and you'll believe it!  Oh, and you'll probably want to double the batch.  They really are that good!


½ cup butter, softened (not melted)
1 cup sugar
½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1 egg
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon baking powder
⅛ teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ cup flour
½ cup powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease light colored baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray and set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla, egg, lemon zest, and juice. Stir in all dry ingredients slowly until just combined, excluding the powdered sugar. Pour powdered sugar onto a large plate. Roll a heaping teaspoon of dough into a ball and roll in powdered sugar. Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until bottoms begin to barely brown and cookies look matte (not melty or shiny). Remove from oven and cool cookies about 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.

*If using a non-stick darker baking tray, reduce baking time by about 2 minutes.

Recipe from LDS Living.

4 comments:

  1. These just look yummy and I can just imagine the tartness from the lemon. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you at Sweets for a Saturday. I know what I'm using my lemons for.....Pinning it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum! These sound amazing! I love a little crunch and then chewy inside. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...