Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Chicken Fajitas

I love Chicken Fajitas, but have never made my own from scratch.  I've used a packet of seasoning before, but I wanted something a little different this time.  These Chicken Fajitas turned out fantastic!  They taste so fresh and are just plain delicious!  They were a hit with the entire family.  Luckily for me, I made enough to have leftovers tomorrow for lunch. :)


3 bell peppers, thinly sliced (I used 1 each of red, yellow and green)
1 onion, thinly sliced
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced thin
2 tablespoons oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup fresh lemon or lime juice
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried chipotle chile pepper

Pour 1 tablespoon oil in to a large skillet and heat over medium high heat.  Add peppers and onion and saute until tender-crisp; about 5 minutes.  Remove peppers from the skillet and set aside in a bowl.  Add remaining tablespoon of oil to the skillet and add chicken.  Cook until cooked through; about 5 minutes.  Drain any juices and add peppers and onions back into the skillet.  Add remaining ingredients and cook for 2 minutes longer.  Serve in tortillas topped with cheese, guacamole, salsa (or this salsa) and sour cream, if desired.

Recipe from The Royal Cool - an original!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...