Friday, July 6, 2012

Hawaiian Kabobs

I have a new favorite kind of kabob.  Hawaiian Kabobs.  I just can't seem to get enough of the grilled pineapple.  And the ham is pretty tasty, too.  Growing up I never liked Hawaiian pizza.  I thought the combination of ham and pineapple was disgusting.  Even as a grown up I'm not a fan of the stuff, so I think it's kinda strange that I like these Hawaiian Kabobs so much.  If you are a ham and pineapple fan, you'll love these, if you aren't you still might love these.  Oh, and they are super easy!


2 pounds ham, cut into about 1 inch pieces 
1 pineapple, cut into 1 inch chunks (or use 2 cans of pineapple chunks)*
Skewers

Soak skewers in water for 1 hour (helps prevent them burning up on the barbecue).  Thread pineapple and ham pieces onto a skewer, alternating between pineapple and ham.  Leave about 2 inches of empty space on both ends.  Cook over medium heat on the barbecue, turning every 2 to 3 minutes, until heated through.

* Fresh pineapple has something in it that is a natural meat tenderizer.  If you are using fresh pineapple, cook immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...