Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Caramel for Popcorn or Apple Dip

We are huge fans of popcorn, to say the least.  We go through boxes, and boxes, and bags, and bags of popcorn.  We usually eat our popcorn just buttered, but like like to switch it up sometimes with Kettle Corn or with this caramel.  The kids LOVE this caramel on their popcorn.  Sometimes I think they like it more than me....


1/2 cup butter
1 cup white corn syrup
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt

Melt butter and add sugar and salt, stirring until dissolved. Add corn syrup and sweetened condensed milk and mix well. Bring to a rolling boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly so that mixture does not stick or scorch.

*When I use the caramel for popcorn, I pop 2-3 bags of microwave popcorn (I like the buttery/salty taste that the microwave popcorn adds) and pour about 1/2 of the caramel over the popcorn.  Mix well and add additional caramel, if desired.  Pour onto a greased cookie sheet (or 2) and let cool, or make into popcorn balls.

Recipe adapted from my friend Rachel.

Linked on Sweet as Sugar Cookies.

1 comment:

  1. I see you're feeling the autumn inspiration in your baking:-D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...