Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Pumpkin Pancakes

I am loving the beautiful fall weather we are having.  And all the pumpkin goodies and foods I get to make.  Like these Pumpkin Pancakes.  They're delicious.  They're sneaky (they snuck veggies into my kids breakfast and the kids had no clue!).  They're like Mary Poppins.  Practically perfect in every way.


3 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (I used pumpkin I bottled)
3 cups buttermilk
3 eggs, lightly beaten

In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar, combining well.  Add remaining ingredients to the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Heat griddle on medium heat and grease lightly.  Scoop about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the griddle and let cook until lightly browned and bubbles start to appear on the surface, about 3 minutes.  Flip pancake and cook on the other side until lightly browned.

Recipe adapted from High Heels & Grills.

2 comments:

  1. I have a little pumpkin puree left over from goodies this week that is begging to be made into pancakes...thank you for a perfect recipe! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...