Friday, November 2, 2012

Berry and Feta Salad with Lime Vinaigrette

I woke up to snow this morning.  Snow!  I'm not ready for snow.  If you ask me, snow is a 4-letter word.  You know, the bad kind of word Mama would wash your (or your brother's) mouth out with soap for using.

The snow had me contemplating a nice hot cup of Double Chocolate Hot Chocolate, but as I was out shopping this morning, I saw some beautiful raspberries and black berries that made me think of summer.   Thoughts of summer on a cold fall day was just what I needed, so I bought some berries.  To make them last a little longer than just eating them alone, I made this amazing Berry and Feta Salad with Lime Vinaigrette.  It made the perfect lunch along with my turkey sandwich.



1 (5 ounce) bag sweet baby lettuce mix - spring mix would also work well
1 head romaine lettuce, torn or chopped into large bite sized pieces - a 5(ish) ounce bag would work well
1 (12 ounce) container raspberries
1 (12 ounce) container black berries
1 (4 ounce) container feta cheese crumbles
1 cup sugared pecans

Dressing:
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil (I prefer extra virgin)
3 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon mayonnaise

Combine all dressing ingredients and mix well with a whisk; set aside.  Combine lettuces and toss to combine.  Just before serving add berries, feta cheese crumbles and sugared pecans; toss lightly.  Serve drizzled with a small amount of dressing.  Dressing could also be mixed into the salad.  Just add to taste.

Recipe from The Royal Cook, an original!

Linked on Tatertots and Jello.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...