Monday, December 10, 2012

Candy Cane Fudge

I love fudge.  Pretty much all fudge.  As I was making this awesome Candy Cane Fudge I tried to think why someone would make fudge.  The reason behind the very first batch. And I think I've finally figured it out.  Chocolate just doesn't have enough sugar in it on it's own.  I can picture it now.  Some crazy mad scientist experimenting and wonders what would happen if he added a bunch of sugar to a bar of chocolate.  The result was an amazingly delicious bit of, what we now know of as, fudge.  Maybe that's not really how it happened, and maybe I should think so much....  Whoever came up with the idea of fudge, regardless of the reason, is pure genius. 



2/3 cup canned milk
3/4 cup butter
3 cups sugar
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
6 peppermint candy canes, crushed almost to a powder (I used my food processor)
2 peppermint candy canes, broken into small pieces (I used my food processor again, just didn't let it run for as long)

Combine canned milk, sugar, and butter in a large pan and place on the stove over medium heat.  Let the mixture come to a boil and boil, stirring constantly, for 4 minutes.  Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate chips and marshmallow cream; stir until melted.  Add the crushed candy canes and mix until thoroughly incorporated.  Pour into a 9x13 inch pan that has been lined with foil.  Sprinkle with the small pieces of candy cane and gently press down to ensure they stick.

Recipe from The Royal Cook - an original!

Linked on Show Me What Ya Got! and Sweet as Sugar Cookies.

1 comment:

  1. I love chocolate and peppermint! I'm actually making a fudge a lot like this today and can't wait to eat it! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...