Monday, March 25, 2013

Peanut Butter Eggs

If I had to pick a favorite Easter treat, it would Reese's peanut butter eggs.  They're pretty much awesome!  And the entire family loves them.  Not sure if that's a good thing, or a bad thing.  Probably a good thing.  It saves me from eating all of them by myself.

These Peanut Butter Eggs are amazing!  They practically disappeared right before my eyes.  I turned my back on them to find my camera to take a picture and they disappeared.  All that was left was a darling little 2 year old with chocolate covered hands and brown drool.  I guess that means they disappeared right behind my back!


1 cup creamy peanut butter
3 tablespoons butter, softened
2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 pound milk chocolate chips

Combine peanut butter and butter in a large bowl and mix until smooth.  Add graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and powdered sugar, and mix until well mixed.  Shape dough into egg shapes and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.  Freeze for 30 to 60 minutes.  Place chocolate in a small microwave safe bowl and melt in 30 second increments in the microwave, stirring well after each 30 seconds.  Dip eggs, one at a time, in melted chocolate.  Tap on the edge of the bowl to remove excess chocolate.  Place dipped eggs on parchment paper to set.

Notes:
If you prefer a thinner chocolate, add 2 tablespoons shortening to the chocolate before melting.
To dip my eggs and use a plastic fork and break off the 2 inner tines, leaving just the outside 2 tines.

Recipe from The Royal Cook - an original!

Linked on The Busy Bee's, The Weekend re-Treat, Tatertots and Jello, Finding the Pretty & Delicious and Pinworthy Projects.

4 comments:

  1. These look so delicious. This is an awesome recipe! I hope you will consider linking it up to the Pinworthy Projects Party over at my blog, Just Us Four.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are MY favorite Easter treat too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum! I bet these are delicious. Stopping by from Six Sister's Stuff. Have a great weekend! :)

    Julie @ This Gal Cooks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heck yes! Love these! Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...