Thursday, March 21, 2013

Unicorn Poop Cookies

My little 4 year old is in a unicorn phase.  Or a princess horsey phase, as we like to call them.  We have a unicorn costume I bought years ago for her older sister for Halloween.  My little 4 loves to pull it out of the closet and run around in it.  Since she is obsessed with unicorns right now, I figured she'd love these Unicorn Poop Cookies.  She did.  And so did everyone else.


1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 cup flour
Food coloring
Sprinkles

Pour sprinkles onto a plate and set aside.  In a large bowl cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla. Mix until combined, then add dry ingredients. Mix until ingredients are well combined. Divide dough into 4 pieces. Add food coloring to each piece (pink/red, blue, yellow and green) and mix each piece until dough is evenly colored.  Break off a small piece of each color of dough, about 1 teaspoon, and roll each piece into a rope about 1/4 inch thick.  Place a rope of each color together and roll together until the rope is about 1/2 inch thick.  Roll the rope up to make a circle, then roll the outer edges in the sprinkles.  Place on a greased cookie sheet and repeat with remaining dough.  Bake at 350 for 8 to 10 minutes.

Sugar cookie recipe adapted from Rachel Cooks.

Linked on The Best Blog Recipes, The Busy Bee's, Tatertots and Jello, Finding the Pretty & Delicious and Pinworthy Projects.

8 comments:

  1. LOL! My grandson is still into bathroom humor and a cookie called Unicorn Poop would have us all in stitches! Very creative, dear friend, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...how fun is this! I think both little girls and boys would love this! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I am not over my unicorn/princess horsey days yet and would definitely trot around my house in a unicorn costume if I had one too- even though I am well over the age of 4 lol. I LOVE the name of these. Too funny!! Stopping by from Weekend Wrapup Party at Tatertots and Jello.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cookies are adorable! I love the fun colors and the sprinkles, adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan,
    I found your recipe on the Weekend Re-treat linky party and I love the name of your adorable cookies. I'm sure they taste wonderful too.
    Annamaria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too funny! These cookies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My boys {looking over my shoulder just now} got quite a kick out of the name of these cookies. So fun!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cute. Just last weekend, my twin boys were laughing about unicorns pooping rainbows. My 3 year old looks at them (they're 10), and says, "Unicorns don't make rainbows. Rain makes rainbows!" Thanks for sharing at Pinworthy Projects.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...