Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Moist Zucchini Bread

I finally gave in and announced to the neighborhood that I have extra zucchini.  I let everyone know it was sitting on my porch and practically begged for it to be taken.  I expected it to sit there all afternoon and all evening, but to my surprise, it was whisked away in less than 15 minutes!  And there was quite a bit.  I even have people asking for more.  WOW!

Before I gave away my zucchini, I made some awesome Moist Zucchini Bread.  It's SO moist and delicious with just the perfect amount of spice.  I left it out on the counter, uncovered, over night and it was still perfect.  That's the kind of recipe I need.  



1 pound zucchini 
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup plain yogurt
6 tablespoons butter, melted


Preheat oven to 375.  Generously grease and flour a 9x5-inch loaf pan. Chop the ends off the zucchini and finely shred (with the peel still on). Place the shredded zucchini in a clean kitchen towel, wrap the towel, and wring the ends (like a tootsie roll wrapper) to squeeze out all the excess water. You should have about 1 to 1 1/2 cups of dry zucchini. Set the zucchini aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, and salt. In a smaller bowl, whisk the sugar, yogurt, eggs, and butter until combined. Gently fold the yogurt mixture and zucchini into the flour mixture, until just combined. Pour the batter to the prepared loaf pan. Bake until golden brown and a think knife or skewer inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs attached, 45-55 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes then turn out onto wire rack to cool. 


Recipe adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe.

Linked on Pinworthy Projects and The Weekend re-Treat.

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful recipe to have in the morning and get the day going! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is so much zucchini leftover from everyone's garden and this is a great way to use it. Thanks so much for sharing at the Pinworthy Projects Party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love zucchini bread! Looks like you are on a zucchini kick lately! Gotta use it all up somehow & desserts are the best :) Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays #31.

    ~Amber @ DessertNowDinnerLater.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...