Friday, November 22, 2013

Party Cereal Mix

My kids love this stuff.  In a big way.  I love the stuff, too.  This Cereal Party Mix is easy to make, makes a ton, and is loved by pretty much everyone.  That (in my opinion) makes it a pretty near perfect treat.

The neighbors love it when I make a batch of the Cereal Party Mix.  I end up sharing lots so I don't eat WAY more than I should.  Heck, I eat WAY more than I should.  I share so I don't eat the whole batch by myself!

If you're looking for an easy and tasty neighbor gift for Christmas, give this Cereal Party mix a try.  It's always a hit!



1 (7 ounce) bag coconut (flaked, shredded, etc)
1 (14 ounce) box corn Chex cereal
1 (12 ounce) box Golden Grahams cereal
1 cup slivered almonds
1 cup plain M&Ms
1 cup butter
1 1/3 cup sugar
1 1/3 cup corn syrup

Combine butter, sugar and corn syrup in a medium sized sauce pan and heat on the stove over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.  When the mixture comes to a boil, boil 3 minutes, stirring constantly.  Remove from stove.  While the mixture is heating, pour both cereals, coconut and almonds into a large (HUGE) bowl.  Butter 2 large cookies sheets and set aside.  Pour hot syrup over the cereal mixture and mix until everything is well coated.  Add M&M and mix to evenly distribute.  Pour Cereal Party Mix onto the 2 buttered cookie sheets and let cool.

Recipe adapted from my friend Jennifer.

Linked on Pinworthy Projects.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...